Taylor Huth Memorial Scholarship Award
A college scholarship fund set up by the family and friends of Benjamin "Taylor" Huth to remember and celebrate Taylor's zeal and love for life.
What is the Taylor Huth Memorial Scholarship Award?
A 1 year, $1,000 Scholarship honoring local, outstanding students who have:
- Overcome or are working to overcome the challenges of epilepsy
- Been successful in school
- Done well in activities outside the classroom or in the community
- Shown a desire to make the most out of college or graduate school
Who can apply?
You may apply for the Taylor Huth Memorial Scholarship Award if you are:
- Under a doctor's care for epilepsy
- In school as either:
- A high school senior who has applied to college
- A freshman, sophomore or junior in college
- A college senior who has applied to graduate school
- An adult interested in pursuing a college degree
How to apply
Send in the following items to the address below:
- An essay (up to 250 words, using proper essay formats, such as a 5 paragraph essay with an introduction, 3 paragraphs of explanation and a paragraph to wrap up the topic) on one of the following topics:
- How you have overcome or are working to overcome the challenges that epilepsy presents (personally, socially, academically)
- What living with epilepsy means to you
- Who has helped you to succeed and how they have helped you
- An achievement that you are proud of
- Proof of your grades (transcripts)
- Proof of other extracurricular or community activities
- Two letters of recommendation (1 must be from your doctor or neurologist)
- Please don't send: photos, videotapes, DVDs, CD-ROMs or any other such materials. If sent, they won't be considered or returned.
Deadline for 2012 submissions: Applications must be postmarked by February 10, 2012.
Send to: The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati at: 895 Central Ave., Suite 550, Cincinnati, OH 45202.